Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Almond Crusted Salmon

If you looking for a great tasting food high is protein, omega-3-fatty acids, and vitamin D...Salmon is your guy.

It's too bad that good, quality salmon is expensive because it is so good for you. If you're going to eat salmon, you should spring for the wild caught. I can bet that it will be one of the most if not the most expensive cut, but it is the best one.

It's sad that the high fat, processed, bad for you foods are cheap and 2 for 1, coupons...but good for you, healthy, REAL foods are so costly. It doesn't make sense to me. There needs to be a change.

More than half of my grocery bill is fruit, vegetables, and meat. I only buy organic and whatever I can at Lima Farms in Hillsborough. No matter how tight we've been on money over the years, I never sacrifice our health.

I served this salmon with a fresh salad. Lettuce, scallions, and celery from the farm, organic carrots, and Braggs Ginger Sesame Dressing...I like this dressing because it doesn't taste gross, has a ton of flavor, and all natural ingredients.





You Will Need:

  • 1 lbs skinless salmon
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • EVOO

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix together the almond meal, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.



Cut salmon into sticks or pieces.


Coat each piece with oil and then dredge in the almond mixture.


Place on baking sheet and drizzle with a little more olive oil.



Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp on the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment