Thursday, October 8, 2015

Eggs in Ham Cups

I guess you're probably noticing a pattern in my cooking by now. I'm a mom of 2 young kids so I tend to gravitate toward recipes that are quick and easy.

With breakfast, I can usually get a recipe like this in the oven before the kids get up. If not, I can put my youngest in her highchair and entertain her while I quickly throw all the ingredients together and then into the oven.

Growing up I ate a lot of ham. I always wanted ham for dinner, ham sandwiches, etc. I love the holidays because there's ham galore! So pairing eggs in a ham cup just makes perfect sense for me.

You can make as many as muffin tins you have or just a few for the morning. I ended up making 8 ham cups.





Ingredients:
8 eggs
8 slices of ham (organic is preferable)
salt and pepper



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Grease your muffin tins with whatever you have on hand. I used ghee.

Fit the ham slices in the muffin cups.



Crack an egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper.


Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the egg whites are set.


No comments:

Post a Comment