Thursday, October 1, 2015

Homemade Paleo Pasta

Eating healthy and clean doesn't mean you can't enjoy the foods you are eating.

I'm half Italian.
Some of you that know me in person know that my Dad passed away 2 months ago. He lost his almost 8 month fight for his life. He was my Italian rock. I miss him every single minute of the day. I wish we had much more time together and I wish he could see my children grow up. I'm thankful that I get to see him in my dreams every night.

Ugh. Okay. Sorry about that. Now that I have wiped my eyes and can see the keyboard again...
I LOVE Italian food. I love pasta. My Dad made the most amazing red gravy, especially the one with the meat in it.
Even though I'm trying to improve my health and lifestyle, I can still indulge every once in awhile in my favorite foods. When I want to really stick with my clean eating, this is the perfect treat!

Embarrassing as it is to admit, this is the first time I made pasta. It didn't come out looking so good, but it tasted great! Of course I paired my misshapen pasta with my Dad's sauce!


Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 cup tapioca flour
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 2 Tbs olive oil

Directions:


Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbs olive oil so pasta will not stick while cooking.

Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.

Make a well in the center and add the eggs and yolks and whisk with a fork. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.



Turn the dough onto an arrowroot floured surface and kneed for about 5 minutes. If too sticky, add more flour and if too dry, a little water.


Divide into 4 balls and roll out with a rolling pin or a pasta maker, if you have one.
Use a sharp knife to cut dough into desired shape or use the fettuccine or spaghetti setting with the pasta maker.
Place the pasta into the boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pasta will float the the top of the pot when ready.

Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment