Monday, October 5, 2015

Paleo Shrimp Fried "Rice"

I am so thankful to whoever came up with cauliflower fried "rice".  What a genius!
The perfect alternative to greasy, carby fried rice.

As I try to eat clean and better my body and myself, it's nice to have some tasty meals that remind me of the carbs I used to know and love.

I still have not totally gotten the hand of making the cauliflower into "rice". It seems to look more like couscous than rice, but it all tastes the same.

You can use any combination of vegetables for this dish. The original recipe used peas, which we love and because of that had none left in the house, so I added mushrooms instead.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbs coconut oil
  • 1 small white onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 1 small bell pepper, any color, chopped
  • 4oz mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 bunch cauliflower, grated by hand or in a food processor
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste


Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. 
Melt the coconut oil and add the onion and garlic to the pan.
Cook for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.



Add the shrimp for 1 minute.



Add the carrots, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the pan.
Cook about 5 minutes and then stir in the cauliflower rice.




Make a well in the center of the pan and pour in the whisked egg.


Stir to scramble and then combine with the other ingredients.
Season with salt and pepper.






No comments:

Post a Comment