Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Cheesy" Chicken Casserole

Who doesn't love a cheesy, creamy casserole?! I know I did.

I never thought in a million years that I would give up eating cheese. I ate cheese too many times a day to count...

This recipe not only is delicious, but it truly tastes like there's cheese in it.

If you don't have a whole lot of prep time, I suggest cooking the chicken and butternut squash the day before. This way you just need to mix all the ingredients together and heat on the stove top at dinnertime.

I boiled the chicken breast for about 20 minutes. Then shredded.




I cut the squash in half and baked in a 400 ° for 35 minutes. Then, peeled the skin off and mashed.





Ingredients:

1-2 lbs shredded cooked chicken
1 butternut squash, cooked and mashed
1/4 cup coconut cream  **the thick top part of the coconut milk can**
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1-2 Tbs apple cider vinegar



  • Place all ingredients in a large saucepan (I used the same pot I used to cook the chicken).

  • Cook over medium heat until the peas are heated through and the the rest of the ingredients are warm and have melted together.

No comments:

Post a Comment