Thursday, October 22, 2015

Bell Pepper Turkey Burgers

Illness has hit my household and we've been eating a lot of soup and leftovers. My son had a high fever for 4 days and we spent Saturday evening in the ER due to it. Thankfully, the virus has passed and we're all feeling healthy for the moment.

I do have to admit that I haven't been doing a lot of cooking the past week. I was feeling sick myself and so exhausted between taking care of my sick son and trying to give my daughter the attention she needs and deserves. Thank God for my mom, she doesn't live far and was over to help me for those 4 awful days because my hubby was away for work.

Like I said before, thankfully, we are all feeling better.
I was able to whip these turkey burgers up a couple days ago for lunch. The original recipe was a chicken burger and you had to put all the ingredients into the food processor, but who wants to do more dishes than necessary?!

I used ground turkey, chopped the pepper really small, used garlic powder, and mixed everything in a bowl by hand instead.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 bell pepper, chopped very small
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup almond flour
salt and pepper, to taste
EVOO



  • Add all the ingredients, except the EVOO, to a bowl and mix well by hand.


  • Form mixture into patties.
  • Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the EVOO.
  • Cook the patties for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment