Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Paleo Pizza Crust

For as long as I can remember growing up and well into my adult life, Friday night was Pizza night!

My husband is probably the biggest pizza lover that I know and I'm not too opposed to it either ;)

Going paleo means no cheesy pizza. I'm constantly searching for recipes that can almost replace the foods we used to know and love.

This pizza crust recipe is AMAZING! I have added it to my weekly menu and look forward to the many different toppings in the weeks to come.

It's such an easy recipe and you would never guess that the crust is made of coconut flour and tapioca flour!

For this pizza I topped it with organic, all natural pizza sauce, farm fresh organic green bell peppers, and organic farm fresh onion!!



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup avocado oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg


Preheat the oven to 450°

Combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a large bowl.



Pour in the oil, water, and egg. Stir until well combined.



**Note- The dough will be super sticky and I even added more coconut flour, but it stayed sticky. I just poured the dough onto the parchment paper and spread it as best as I could with my hands!**



Place the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or pizza pan and spread out until even and thin.

Bake for 18-20 minutes.



Lower the temperature to 400° and add your toppings to the crust and bake another 10-15 minutes.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment