Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sausage Egg Mcmuffin

Well, when I started blogging again I decided to be completely open and honest. I made these breakfast sandwiches a year ago and attempted to make them again. If I ever make these again there are a few things I would do differently.

  1. Get a splatter guard...the sausage patties made such a mess on my stove top and counters.
  2. Get 2-4 large round cookie cutters that are just for making sandwiches like this and/or paleo biscuits.
I grew up eating sausage egg McMuffins all the time. As yummy as those English muffins and their little craters taste, all that gluten and processed ingredients aren't the best for you. 

As always, my ground sausage is from Lima Family Farms, where I know exactly how their animals are raised and treated. The eggs are from there, as well. The guacamole is Wholly Guacamole that is made with just natural ingredients.

I ended up making way too many because I didn't realize how filling these little guys were. I added guacamole to my sandwich and my husband wanted the natural agave ketchup we use.

This recipe is a great alternative if you're gluten-free and still want a childhood treat.


You Will Need: (For 1 McMuffin)
  • 2 Tbs ghee or other oil
  • 1/4 pound ground breakfast sausage
  • 2 large eggs
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 heaping Tbs guacamole (optional)


Grease the insides of 2 large stainless steel biscuit cutters.

Form ground sausage into the size and shape of the biscuit cutter.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage 2-3 minutes on each side, until fully cooked through. Cover the patties with a lid for a couple of minutes if you're unsure if they're cooked or not)
Transfer to a plate.



Crack eggs in seperate bowls and whisk slightly,
Heat the skillet again over medium-high heat and add ghee if the pan seems dry. Add the greased biscuit cutters to the pan and pour an egg into each mold.

Season with salt and pepper and add the 1/4 cup water, making sure not to splash water into the egg molds.



Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for about 3 minutes or until egg is no longer runny.



Using an oven mitt or heat-resistant glove, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.

Assemble the McMuffin using the eggs as the buns and the sausage in the middle. Top with guacamole, ketchup, or any other sauce that your heart desires!




No comments:

Post a Comment